Soul Travel Blog’s Editorial Policy:
With the rise of blogging, content marketing, advertorial, paid reviews, influencers, it’s unfortunately not always a case of “what you see is what you get” online anymore. In travel journalism, FAM trips where bloggers/journalists are hosted for free or paid for their blog posts and/or social media are a standard part of doing business.
Because of this, I believe it’s more important than ever to be transparent about what is what. Readers have the right to know what has been sponsored or paid for by another party and what hasn’t been.
On Soul Travel Blog, you can always count on the following:
- Everything you see is my own, including images, unless clearly marked otherwise, and I own the copyright. Where third party images are used and labelled, they have a creative commons license where the owner allows them to be used (without modification) by other sites.
- Posts that have been created as the result of being hosted or paid for by another party will be clearly marked as a Sponsored Post, at the beginning or end of the blog post, and I will include more details about whether it was part of a hosted trip, etc. Where you don’t see anything, it means that the work has not been sponsored by another party.
- Where affiliate partnerships are used, for which I earn a small commission (which goes towards the ongoing costs of running and operating this site) I will also note this in the content.
- Regardless of whether content has been sponsored or not, my opinions are always my own and I will provide the reader with my honest opinion and feedback about a place to stay, a destination, or a product.
- Soul Travel Blog only partners with brands, organisations or accommodations that match with its principles: e.g. a partner must be committed to responsible travel.