Soul Travel Blog’s Editorial Policy:
In travel journalism / blogging, FAM trips where bloggers are hosted for free or paid for their coverage (blog posts) and/or social media are a standard part of doing business.
Because of this, we believe it’s more important than ever to be transparent about what is what.
Our aim is to make responsible travel easier and more accessible to travellers, and that mission is reflected in the companies that we choose to work with and recommend to you.
On Soul Travel Blog, you can always count on the following:
- All content is copyright to Soul Travel Blog. All rights are reserved and any copyright infringements will not be tolerated. Where third party images are used, they have a creative commons license or have been purchased and granted a license for online Editorial Use, where the owner allows them to be used (without modification) by other sites.
- We sometimes accept invitations from companies who are practise / promote responsible tourism and we are sometimes hosted (e.g. stay without paying for our experience) or are paid by them for our work. We only partner with brands, organisations or accommodations that match Soul Travel Blog’s values: e.g. a partner must be committed to responsible travel.
- Posts that we write as the result of sponsorships by another party will be clearly marked as a Sponsored Post, or that the content is part of a sponsored collaboration at the beginning or end of the blog post.
- Regardless of whether content has been sponsored or not, our experiences, thoughts and words are always my own and we will provide the reader with our honest opinion about a place to stay, a destination, or a product.
- Affiliate links are compensated links, and offer us a small percentage of commission on sales (or sometimes per click-through) if you choose to buy something through the link (or occasionally, we are compensated just for the click).
- On Soul Travel Blog we work with a number of affiliate programs, and affiliate links are used in blog posts and throughout the site.
- We select affiliate partners carefully, and use affiliate links for products we believe in, recommend, use ourselves and believe are compatible with the values behind Soul Travel.
- Most importantly – If you choose to support us by purchasing something through one of my affiliate links, it does not cost anything extra to you. You will pay the same price as you normally would, however the platform pays us a fee or percentage of the sale revenue as a commission.
- Soul Travel blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
- Affiliate programs bring us in some small income that we use as compensation for our time spent on this website creating free-to-view content, or perhaps the odd glass of wine. They won’t be funding our retirement just yet ;-).
Thank you for reading & supporting Soul Travel!